Just as men with an athletic body sometimes struggle with choosing a correct suit, thin men face their own unique challenges. We have a few tricks up our sleeve to help men with tall and thing builds select suits that make them look the best they can be.
- Thin men should avoid lightweight fabrics, which hang on thin frames. Instead, opt for heavier fabrics that add weight like tweeds and worsted wool.
- Dark colors are slimming, so opt for lighter colors such as gray or a medium navy blue to add the illusion of width.
- Additionally, avoid pinstripes which create the illusion of length. Opt for solid fabrics or patterns with horizontal lines to counteract the height, such as checks or windowpane.
- Thin lapels and thin ties emphasize vertical lines. Thus, it is best to choose lapels and ties with a little more width.
- Tall men sometimes overestimate their height. Try on a long suit before you buy the extra-long.
- Add a pocket square to draw attention to the chest.